Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The craziest thing happened today...

I work at the College of Forest Resources, most of you know this, it's important to the story here.

About two weeks ago I sent out invitations to the CFR student awards banquet. We invite donors to come and meet students.

Look at the invitation. Do you see anything wrong with it?


anything?




Well the number on the page is 601.325.4832. The number I want people to call to RSVP is 662.325.4832. Well most people know that its 662 anyway so I figured it would not be that big of a problem.

One wonderful donor pointed this out to our foundation officer and he (foundation officer) intern told me. We laughed about it.

Another donor called to tell us the same thing, but he had called the number listed (601) and it is the sanitation department. FUNNY, right?

So after consulting with my superiors I decided to call the number and tell them to refer an calls to me at (662).

I call the number and a busy man answers (he seemed like he was busy).
After an awkward conversation because its not a person at a desk like i expected...I realize....

the voice sounds familiar....the rest of the convo went like this:

Me: "Who is this?"

Man: "I am a part time work for the city"

Me: "Is this John Burch?"

Man: "Yes"

Me: "Do you know who this is?"

Man (aka John Burch): "No, but your voice sound familiar"

Me: "This is your granddaughter-in-law, Morgan!" (not sure why if felt the need to identify my self as Morgan because i am his only granddaughter-in-law.)

John Burch: "Well, what are you doing?"

Then we proceed to talk about Easter plans and 401K's.


WHAT A SMALL WORLD!!

MoW

1 comment: