Right now I am in my happy place. Sitting on the couch with the Braves about to come on my TV, looking forward to the year to come with my new students.
I love my job. I want to say it somehow to where it has more meaning, but I'm not sure how.
I love it and can't wait for students to come Monday.
I hear a lot of people complain for teachers and I hear a lot of teachers complain about everything.
You will never hear me complain because:
I chose this career, I knew how much it paid and I still chose it. It pays my bills and more. Don't feel sorry for me.
No one forced me in to teaching and no one is forcing me to stay. I chose this career and the students have not disappointed. Don't feel sorry for me.
Don't throw me a pity party every time I tell you I'm a teacher. Don't feel sorry for me.
Don't explain to me how the legislature needs to give me a raise and how they haven't in years and that's just not right. Don't feel sorry for me.
Don't tell me that I shouldn't have to spend my own money on school supplies or on a kids lunch when he doesn't have lunch money. Don't feel sorry for me.
Don't tell me that Common Core is terrible and I should not have to change to it. First, shut up, you don't know what your talking about. Second, don't feel sorry for me.
Don't tell me that teachers are under appreciated. First, no, for the most part everybody really appreciates us. Second, don't feel sorry for me.
Don't feel sorry for me because I chose this career. I love this career.
I am tired of the pity for something I willingly choose and continue to choose.
Don't feel sorry for me. DON'T!
So what can you do? You can pray for my students. I genuinely want every student to come to know The Lord. We all know the laws, I can't do this directly. I can love them, perhaps the better more effective way then directly, like Jesus does. Pray I know how.
MoW
No comments:
Post a Comment